Even diamonds of the utmost clarity and cut can begin to look dull, which is why diamond wearers are never at a loss for ways to restore jewels to their original luster. Tricks of the trade include everything from specialized diamond cleaning solutions to at-home remedies. But as with most instances pertaining to haute joaillerie, we recommend doing as the French do—and every diamond-wearing French girl knows that the quickest way to the shiniest bijoux is to look no further than your everyday cleaning product. For as long as we can remember, it’s to the credit of Paic Citron dishwashing detergent (plus a toothbrush) that the diamonds of France continue to sparkle at their absolute brightest. If you’re still in doubt, Dior’s official jewellery care guide offers some additional pointers:
- Avoid any violent knocks or blows.
- Avoid any contact with chemical products such as lotions, perfume, hair sprays and cleaning products.
- Remove jewellery when washing your hands, taking a shower or a bath or during homework.
- Remove jewellery at a swimming pool or spa to avoid any contact with chlorine. Remove earrings when going to sleep.
- To clean jewellery. Most jewels can be cleaned with lukewarm water, liquid hand soap and a soft toothbrush, except for opals, coral, pearls, opaque precious stones and lacquer which may only be cleaned using a soft clean cloth.
- Go to a Dior boutique once a year to have the condition of the jewellery checked.
- Always take the greatest care when cleaning jewels and precious stones.
prev link: https://crfashionbook.com/fashion/a9577558/shine-bright-like-a-diamond/
createdAt:Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:59:32 +0000